Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

It Just Keeps on Getting Better

I finished my fifth round of chemo last Friday. Each round consists of three treatments. I learned that the doctor wants me to complete six rounds, so that means that after Christmas I will just have to have three more treatments. How great is that?! I was prepared for another couple of months of chemo, but this is really good news. If the clean CT scan was my Christmas present, the ending of the chemotherapy will be my birthday present.

There is even more good news. I signed up for classes for next semester and I learned I had more credits than I thought I had. As it turns out I may be able to graduate this May! I was shocked. I thought that I had fallen too far behind since I had lightened my course load this summer and fall. But if I work hard I can finish it up this Spring. I am so excited I almost can't stand it. All I can think of is the verse that says that God is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that we ask or think. (Eph. 3:20)

Rejoicing,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aunt Karen, I am so happy not only selfishly, but for you and the family. You are so blessed and you have shown us how blessed we have been with your presence. I am sorry we wont see you around New Years, you will be missed. Lots of love and prayers. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)Traci

     

Post a Comment

<< Home