Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Good News

Friday I got the results of my CT scan and it was really good news. The radiologist's opinion was that I was in full remission. My oncologist said he was a little more conservative and noted a little shaded area where the large tumor used to be and thought there still might be a remnant of the cancer left. Even still he stated that I was 90% healed and that this was "an impressive response." All of the little tumors that he called satellite tumors were all gone. There had been over a dozen.

We are all excited, relieved, thankful, and praising God. I just want to "go tell it on the mountain" but I guess that telephoning and blogging are the new ways to do that and that is what I am doing. I will still continue the chemo until the doctor is certain that all the cancer is gone. But just as a number of people have already stated, I have received my Christmas present early.

We celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ at this time because He bridged the gap between us and God. Because of this, God still answers prayer and is still in the healing business. I thank all of you who have prayed for my healing and above all I thank God.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas to YOU!
    Merry Christmas to US!

    We have need for no other gift under our tree this year!

    Pat Adams

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great news Karen and a nice Christmas present.

    Mark K.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been keeping up with your progress through your messages. This is the best report yet. I have been praying for you daily and will continue to do so. Many people at my church are praying for you. Some have asked about your progress. God has heard the prayers of many and is answering. You simply amaze me. You find the good in every situation in which you find yourself.
    You are a blessing to my life.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year ahead!!!!
    Katherine Jackson

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    karen im so glad that ur all better and feeling better god helps even when we least expect it,god bless you your story touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes.kiss kiss hug hug


    ~teleshia~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home