Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Are we there yet?

I have been thinking about my wanting to hear about how the chemo is progressing and I feel like I am responding like one of my kids when we used to drive from Mississippi to NY. Matt was only about 2 years old at the time and would ask, "Are we there yet?" when we had only gone about a half hour. The trip took about 21 or 22 hours, but he was anxious to get there and would understandably ask if we were there yet. Last week, even though I knew that the chemo was supposed to take 6 months, I was hoping for a miracle and that "we would be there" after only 7 weeks. Oh well, so I am still learning that this journey, this cancer journey that I am on (even though I didn't want or volunteer to go) is going to be long. I cannot rush it, I just must be patient and see the good in the journey. There are good things to see, just as on all journeys, such as the beauty in life, the joy of friends and family, and the power of prayer.
So I am not there yet, I am still hanging on for the ride and finding joy in the journey.
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home