Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Friday, September 17, 2004

waiting for news

I thought that I would know today, Sept. 17th, about how my chemo is progressing, but because the CT scan from Duke didn't arrive here in Wilson yet, the doctor couldn't compare the two scans. Therefore I have to wait until next week to know if the chemo is working. The good news is that the doctor here didn't see any new tumors.
Today my hemoglobin was low, so I had to have an injection to help my body make more red blood cells. Other than that I feel pretty good. I have been going to my seminary classes and I really enjoy them. On Tuesday I didn't think I was up to going, but I tried it and with the Lord's help I did well. I didn't feel like I was well enough to go, but since Carol was driving and we left with the understanding that I could turn around and go home whenever I needed, I gave it a try. Sitting in a class, learning new things gives my mind other things to think about other than how I feel. It is really good for me. Because I have had a lot of medical appointments this week, it has been hard to do the classwork. Of course there has been a lot of time spent waiting, like in the hospital or at the doctor's office, so I use the time to do the required reading assignments.
I started taking a beginning piano class this semester so I just started to work at practicing the piano. It is great therapy.
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home