Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving Vacation

This has been a really great Thanksgiving vacation. My oncologist took the Friday after Thanksgiving off which meant that I got a week off from chemotherapy. It has been so great to have a week off from feeling sick.

I made Thanksgiving dinner and all six of us were gathered together for the day. We talked about things we were thankful for and it was good to hear from each person in the family telling specific things for which they were thankful. After dinner we played a game together and watched a movie. It was restful, peaceful, and a quiet day. We all had a great time enjoying each other’s company.

Friday evening Dan, our older two kids, and I went to the Picasso and Matisse exhibit at the N.C. Museum of Art. We had a great time viewing the art together and afterwards we had dessert at the restaurant there. It was such delightful time. On Saturday night some of us went to see “American Treasure.” It was a good movie and we had a great time again. What a blessing it is to feel good and enjoy doing things that only a year ago I probably took for granted.

This Wednesday, Dec. 1st, I will be having another CT scan. This is an important test so the doctor can determine how well my body is responding to the chemo.
I’ll let you know what I find out.


1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Aunt Karen! Its Meaghan! Elizabeth called us with the great news! Thats so excellent! Congratulations on your miracle! Love, Meaghan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home