Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Weak this week

I haven't written much for a while because I haven't been feeling well. This was the first Sunday I didn't make it to church since I was diagnosed. I have cut back on many of my regular activities and I have been sleeping a lot. I was having a lot of trouble with diarrhea, but I feel better today. I slept most of the morning and also took a nap in the afternoon. I don't really feel badly, just simply weak. Friday I will have a week off from my regular chemo drugs; I will just get the Herceptin so I should help feel stronger next week.

I went to school on Tuesday and plan to go again tomorrow. It is amazing to me how I start out feeling like I probably can't go, but as the day goes on I get stronger. I believe two things are going on. I know that God is enabling me to complete what He has started. His grace is sufficient for me and His power is perfected in my weakness. The other thing happening is that my mind is concentrating on things other than myself. In both cases, when I am weak, then I am strong as it says in 2 Cor. 12:10.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home