Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Pacing myself

This is my "week off" which means that I only had Herceptin last Friday. I could tell the difference right away. It feels good to feel good again. I forget what it feels like to feel good until I feel it and then I remember how great it is. The only problem is that I forget that I don't have the stamina to do the things I used to do. I have to learn to pace myself when I do feel good because if I don't pace myself then I feel exhausted later. It is easier to pace myself when I feel lousy, but when I feel good I forget to be careful. It is all part of the learning to live with cancer and chemo. There is something new to learn all the time, even if it is things you wish you didn't need to learn.

Aside from these discoveries, I am having a good week. I am thankful for the beautiful weather and the amazing color of the changing leaves. I picked up some gorgeous leaves from our yard and brought them inside so I could see them more often. I appreciate the beauty in creation and am thankful for every new blessing from God. His mercies are new every morning, I just want to notice them and not take them for granted.

I have one more day to feel good before I start my next round of chemo again.


1 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kevin Church said…

    Karen:

    You don't know me. I was just blog surfing. Reading what you're going through here and the obvious thought you've put into the experience makes me just want to say:

    Good going. You're going to make it. You're going to kick cancer in the ass.

    Kevin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home