Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good-
I have had a season of rejoicing. I graduated on May 27th with a Master of Divinity from Southeastern Baptist Seminary. This same day Matt graduated from high school. He received many academic and athletic awards, including Valedictorian. Elizabeth passed the N.C. Bar. This Spring has been full of so many blessings, I have been in awe.

The Bad-
I had a CT scan last week and learned that the cancer has returned in my liver. I have more tests scheduled this week and the plan is for me to begin chemotherapy on Friday, June 17th. The CT scan showed the tumors are large. It was a shock and a disappointment, but we are dealing with it all.

The Ugly-
According to the nurse, I should loose my hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows within the first 21 days. So back to the wigs, hats, and scarves.

That's all for now. Please keep our family in your prayers. We know God answered the last time. He will do it again. He is faithful.

Karen

3 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Karen, Dan and family,

    It was good to see you at Josh's wedding and to hear of your accomplishments and God's mercy. Although my heart is heavy with the news of your upcoming chemo, I know that God is faithful and hears our prayers. May He uphold you and your family during this time and fully eliminate the cancer that would try to hinder your witness.

    May God bless you.

    Don

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aunt Karen and the fam,
    It was wonderful seeing you all at the wedding....it made me realize how much I regret not seeing you all more often in the past - please forgive me for that. Aunt Karen, you looked beautiful at the wedding and I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me as a woman, wife and a mother...you are in my prayers daily. My love to you all during these rough times....

    Love,
    Bonnie

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Blessings for Bennett said…

    Hey Karen,
    WOW! I know that this is very unexpected for you. When I heard the news I was reminded of you saying that cancer was like a roller coaster ride. I know that you are leaning on the Lord and that His strength is being poured out upon you. My family and I are praying for you and your family. Bennett just started his radiation treatments today. He did really well, he got upset a couple of times because the mask he has to wear is kind of tight, but other than that he did great. When Bennett was in the hospital and we were going through everything- surgery and the getting the biopsy report back, finding out he would need radiation and then chemo Aimee would remind me that this is just one more part of the awsome story he was going to have. I beleive that is true for you as well, this is another part of your story. It certainly isn't fun, that's for sure.

    We love you and are praying,
    Shannon Lamm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home