Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Continuing Chemo and Christmas

I just had another chemo treatment today (which explains why I am awake at this hour) and I had a CT scan last week. The scan showed that the tumors are continuing to respond to treatment so I am continuing chemotherapy. I think I just had my 10th round of chemo since June which is a lot, but since the side effects are relatively minimal and the results are encouraging, then it makes sense to continue this treatment.

I have just realized that I can't think very well at 1:15 a.m. after having chemo. The drugs keep me awake, but it doesn’t matter that I can’t sleep, because I can’t seem to spell or think either. For this reason I will make this entry short. I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a year of God’s richest blessings. I also wanted to update you on the latest news of my cancer journey. Things are going well and I appreciate everyone who has encouraged me in so many different ways.

It seems that this is going to be a long journey and I wanted you to know that every prayer, note, email, card, meal, gift, phone call, etc has been so very helpful in keeping me strong.

Thank you.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Karen
    Just a quick note you how much I enjoyed meeting you and your family over Christmas. Abby is a wonderful girl and she and Chris seem to be very good together. I hope we didn't tire you too much at lunch that day.
    You inspire me. I told Abby my mother had cancer also. She when through over a year of radiation treatments. In the late 60s they didnt have chemo like today. I watched her struggle for 6 long years with a disease that leave you very little dignity and alot of pain. I have so much respect for you and keep you in my prayers.
    We will be coming down for the play the end of January. I hope we will see you then.

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ibyduhuf.freewaywebhost.com/nahipyw.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
    There is no need to invest much at first.
    You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
    on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one project for several years,
    and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
    There is no need to invest much at first.
    You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
    on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
    and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home