Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Progress

Today I start round three of my chemo. I learned this week that the tumors in my liver have diminished. Also the CT scan showed that I haven't developed any new tumors. All this is progress. I thank the Lord for these results and thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. It all helps. I have been feeling much better on the new drug (Abraxane) compared to how I felt last year. The negitive side effects seem to be fewer. I especially appreciate having more energy compared to the lower energy level experienced last year.

Next week I am going to Boston to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute for a consultation. My sister, Janice, and I will be going together. I have been thinking of going somewhere for a second opinion for quite a while, but Boston seemed to be the most convenient place for a number of reasons. I would appreciate your prayers concerning this.

I have to be at the oncologist's office in an hour for my next chemo treatment so I'll have to end for the time being.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home