Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Email Post 3

I just finished a battery of tests at Duke: chest X-ray, mammogram, CT scan, bone scan, blood tests. They took 2 days. I have seen the result of the mammogram already and it looks like I don't have any other lumps. The doctor told me to not get my hopes up because mammograms don't show if you have microscopic cancer cells, but at least we know there isn't anything obvious that we need to be concerned with.

The way things stand now I am scheduled for a mastectomy (left breast only) on Tuesday, July 20th. I haven't heard if they found any other cancer in my body, but I figure that if they did I will hear about it soon. So at this point no news is good news.

Love ya,

Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home