Carin' for Karen

Karen tells us how crappy chemo is, and we tell her how uncrappy she is.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Email Post 2

I wanted to let you know what the latest news with me is. I found out recently that I have breast cancer. I am going to go to Duke Univ. Hospital tomorrow to get a second opinion; I am very thankful that I could get an appointment this quickly.

I will write to you again later after I know more, but in the meantime I wanted to ask you to remember me in your prayers. The diagnosis was a real shock since I feel so healthy. But the fact that I am in otherwise good health is of course a blessing since I probably am looking at a mastectomy, chemo and who knows what else.

I will be leaving tomorrow morning about 7:30 a.m. Duke is a little over an hour away from our home. Dan and I are going to take a detour on the way to pick up a friend. She had breast cancer last year and wanted to go with me tomorrow. The fact that she wanted go with me to meet her doctor, show us how to get there, where to park, what building to go in etc. will be a nice gift. She will also be there to give me advice and to know what is normal and what is not. Anyway I just wanted to tell you this, hopefully the next email I write will be more positive. I am really at peace about the cancer, but I do have my moments when my emotions feel like they are on a rollercoaster.

It's getting late and I have to get ready for tomorrow,

I'll talk to you soon,

Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home